Thursday, October 20, 2011

Civil War Charlotte Update


If you follow this blog regularly, you know that I've been on the road lately. A lot. All of this travel, in support of the new North Carolina in the Civil War, has taken me away from the Civil War Charlotte project. I have been reading, recently finishing the book on Philly and the War, and currently reading volume one of Blood and War at my Doorstep. I've also started to go through Confederate Veterans. Yesterday, I was back to reading the Charlotte Observer, finishing up the year 1897. I have found lots of great info about reunions and war stories. I'm not sure how much of it will make it into the book, but some interesting pieces nevertheless.

Stay tuned for more information - the next few weeks are not nearly as hectic as the last few, and I'll have more time to get things sorted through.

No comments: