Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Two Anniversaries

Ok – you probably really want me to get back to talking and writing about North Carolina and the War, which I will do really, really soon, maybe even this afternoon. But, I’ve something else I want to share this morning.

November represents two anniversaries for me. This November represents my fourth year of blogging about North Carolina and the War for Southern Independence. I’ve enjoyed sharing with you some of the things that I have found, and some of the questions that I’ve encountered. Thanks for sharing in this adventure with me.

Probably more important is the other November anniversary. Twenty-eight years ago this month, by uncle took me to my first Civil War re-enactment. It really ignited something that was already there – I had purchased (with my own money) my first book about the war a month earlier. I’ve been hooked ever since.

So, thanks for reading and thanks for letting me share a part of my life with you.

2 comments:

tom said...

What was that first book you purchased?

Michael C. Hardy said...

The Civil War by Douglas Welsh – the smaller of the two books he wrote (1982). I wrote the date – 10-29-82 inside the front cover. This was followed a couple of months later by The Civil War by Catton, a Christmas gift from that same uncle. I was ten years old at the time.