Thursday, April 08, 2010

Ramblings

Well, yet another busy day. I’ll spend much of the day in Watauga County. I’m being interviewed for a documentary on Shull’s Mill, and I’m sure the war will come up. Then, this evening, I’ll be speaking with the folks over in Cove Creek about a North Carolina Civil War Trail Marker.

I’ve added some blogs to my roll recently. Make sure you check out The Maryland Campaign – Tom has a letter from a member of the 23rd North Carolina Troops.

Three events I want you to know about.

There will be a discussion about Caldwell County and the War in Lenoir next Monday night (April 12). This event is at the library and is free and open to everyone.

Second, Harold Holzer will be speaking at Appalachian State University on Tuesday, April 13. The event will be at the Broyhill and starts at 8:00 pm.

And,

Next Saturday, April 17, there will be a tour of Civil War Burnsville in downtown Burnsville. We will meet on the square in front of the library at 1:00 pm.

No comments: