Thursday, May 22, 2008

Back Home

Well, I am back at home from a very long week. I had every intention of blogging while I was gone, but I never once pulled ye olde laptop from my bag.

Here is a recap: I was in Raleigh on Friday and Saturday, doing research and attending the flag program. I came back Saturday afternoon and spent Saturday evening at home. Sunday morning, we re-packed the car and headed to Central, South Carolina, for a re-enactment, where we met my mom and dad. Saturday afternoon, we headed to Red Top Mountain State Park, where we set up "camp" in my parents’ motor coach. Monday morning was spent at the Southern Museum of Civil War and Locomotive History, home of the famous engine, The General . Monday afternoon we tramped the battlefields of Kenasaw and Kolb’s Farm, (and the cemetery in Marietta) working on the book on the 58th NCT. Tuesday, we covered Reseca and Dalton. Wednesday, I was back in Dalton, then a quick trip to Chickamauga. We spent more time at Lookout Mountain and on Missionary Ridge - we thought we would never find the iron tablet for Reynolds’s brigade at Chickamauga.

I’ll post more when I get pictures downloaded and my notes out of the car. Things are a bit fuzzy right now.

No comments: