Friday, December 28, 2007

Christmas

Greetings folks! I hope everyone has had a great Christmas! We spent a week with my mom and dad in sunny central Florida and had a great time. We only visited one War-related site, Deleon Springs, site of a Federal raid on a Confederate production site. I also took photos of the Confederate monument in downtown Orlando. Once we returned, my wife’s folks came over and spent a few days.

I’ve done no writing in about two weeks, but a lot of reading. I am gearing up to write about the battle of Chickamauga. For the past couple of days, I’ve been working on the whole McLemore’s Cove debacle. Once again, for the 58th NCT, it is a whole lot of set up just to say they were there and did not do anything - much like Hindman, Buckner, and Hill.

Tomorrow, I’m off to Knoxville to acquire a couple of needed pieces of information that inter-library loan has failed to bring.

No comments: