Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Well, I’m in the middle of a very busy week. I had the book signing Sunday in Lenoir. I had another last night in Clyde (Haywood County), then rushed back over to Burnsville to talk with Terrell Garren, author of Mountain Myth: Unionism in Western North Carolina. Tomorrow, I’ve got a book signing at the Banner House Museum in Banner Elk. Friday, I’ll be speaking at the Carolina Mountains Literary Festival in Burnsville, then I’m off to the Brown Mountain lights Festival in Linville Falls. On Saturday morning, I’m off to the Cove Creek Heritage Festival in Watauga County, before heading back to Burnsville. On Sunday, there is a decoration service at the old Bakersville Cemetery.

I think I’m crazy!

In 58th news, I’m still plugging away at chapter 4. Did you know that Company K was made up of men primarily from Companies A and E? I’ve not come across a good reason yet - maybe they were dissatisfied with their company commanders. Or, maybe the Company K commanders saw an opportunity for advancement. Or ?

No comments: