Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Saving the South

What a great weekend. The Avery County Heritage Festival was good. I had a chance to talk to quite a few people about the old 58th NCT.

On Sunday, we went to the reenactment in Jonesville, Virginia. The local SCV Camp - the Wise County Rangers (I think), had a booth set up and I went to ask about one of my Wise County relatives. (Louis Roberts, Co. B, 7th Battalion, Confederate Cavalry). The gentleman manning the both was Allen Thomas, a descendant of men who had fought in both the 37th NCT and the 58th NCT. It was nice to have a few minutes to talk to Mr. Thomas about well known places.
I’ve not had a chance to work on article about Vance’s Legion since I last posted.

Today, I am working on proposals for Civil War Trail Marker signs in Avery County.

This evening, I’m speaking with the SCV Camp in Yadkinville.

No comments: