Thursday, June 23, 2011

Project update

Sorry that I’ve not had much time to post this week. Between recovering from last week, traveling this week, and more importantly, working on proofs, there has just not been a lot of time.


Yes, the proofs for North Carolina and the Civil War have arrived. It is a grueling process – fact checking, wishing that I had written something differently, wondering if I really wrote that… There are always little things found here and there. I found yesterday that I had the beginnings of the Bentonville Battlefield Park starting in the 1906s instead of the 1960s. All of this means is that I have had less time for blogging. This will change soon.

Previously, I wrote about Round Table discussions. We’ve now set the date for the Yancey County program – it will be on October 13 at 6:30 pm at the Towncenter in Burnsville. We hope to see you there. A couple of other announcements – the Mitchell County Round Table will be on August 11 at the Spruce Pine Public Library at 6:30 pm. And, on August 27, at the public library in Boone, there will be a mini-symposium entitled Watauga County and the Civil War, with Matt Bumgarner, Chris Hartley, and me, Michael Hardy.

I hope to see you out and about. And, if you would like to see some type of program about the War for Southern Independence in your county, drop me a line. I would love to help.

No comments: