Monday, October 25, 2010

North Carolina Historian of the Year

As most of you have probably figured out, my weekends are usually really, really busy. Sometimes we go to re-eanctments, at times we have book signings, or maybe we head out to a battlefield or to install gravestones. This past weekend, I was in Mooresville at the annual meeting of the North Carolina Society of Historians. It was great to see some old friends, and to make some new ones ; Carroll C. Jones who wrote the book on the 25th North Carolina Troops was there, wining a Willie Parker Peace History Book Award for another project.


As somewhat of a surprise, the Society chose to honor me as the 2010 North Carolina Historian of the Year. I am truly, truly, grateful. Wow, me… North Carolina’s Historian of the Year…. This is a huge honor for me, especially as I look through the list of past winners and see in what lofty company that places me.

The photo above is of me receiving the award from Elizabeth Sherrill, North Carolina Society of Historians president.



Don’t worry, I won’t let it go to my head; buying new hats is expensive.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Many congratulations!!

Anthony Pitman said...

Congrats!