Monday, October 06, 2008

Big Ivy, Buncombe County

I had a great time this past Saturday at the Big Ivy Heritage Festival. It is always good to be able to get out and talk to the public about the past. We even got to put a number of rounds through a reproduction 12-pounder Napoleon. The weather was great. I have one school program to do here in Avery County this Friday, and I think that about wraps up the living history events for the year.

The photograph above is of our camp this past Saturday, taken from the reconstructed fire town on park grounds. We have already been invited back next year.

By the way, a large number of the 25th North Carolina (Company I, I think), was recruited from the Big Ivy community.

1 comment:

sexy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.