Thursday, September 04, 2008

Busy....

Ugh – I am way too busy right now. Not enough time to write.

The Avery County and the Civil War round table discussion went off smashingly. We had 34 in attendance, including a class on Civil War and Reconstruction, being taught by Dr. Allen Speer at Lees-McRae College. Speer is the author of Voices from Cemetery Hill, a collection of letters by one of his relatives in the 28th NCT. Speaking of the 28th NCT, I’ve had a copy of the new regimental history of the 28th NCT here on my desk for two or three months, and I’ve just not had time to read and review it. I also have a copy of the new book on Walter W. Lenoir of the 37th NCT, and Faust’s This Republic of Suffering­, just no time to read. Next week looks clear until Saturday, when we have the dedication for Avery County’s Civil War Trail Markers. We’ll see how much time I really have.

No comments: