Monday, May 12, 2008

Upcomming events

Confederate Memorial Day in North Carolina was this past Saturday (May 10). I was able to visit or participate in services in Yancey, Haywood, and Mitchell Counties. The latter was a candlelight service, honoring the 10 Confederate Veterans in the old Bakersville Cemetery. If you have never had a chance to visit or participate in a candlelight service at a cemetery, let me encourage you to do so. It is a powerful experience.

Not all services are held on May 10. I also had the privilege of speaking at the Confederate Memorial Day program in Stanley County on May 8, and I believe that there will be a service at Elmwood Cemetery in Charlotte on May 18.

I don't have as much going on this week as I did last week, but it will be busy nevertheless. Tonight, I'll be speaking and signing books in Lincolnton. On Friday, I'll be traveling to Raleigh for an event on Saturday. On Saturday, I will be at the Museum of History there in Raleigh. The event: The flags of the 26th NCT and 37th NCT have been returned to North Carolina. I'll be speaking that afternoon, and helping unveil the 37th NCT's battleflag. It is an incredible honor, and I look forward to participating in the event. I will be around the museum most of the day, so, if you get a chance, stop by and say hi!

No comments: